Thursday, July 28, 2005

The Birth of an Obsession

My new/old job is very slow this week, so slow today I was thoroughly on the verge of sleep at my desk before a coworker came over to talk to me. I talked to her for a minute before I was aware of what was going on.

To cure my boredom I decided to help my mother-in-law with her favorite little obsession - collecting bizarre salt & pepper shakers. She has too many already, but they make her happy and they crack me up...besides anything beats this boredom!

She has 2 rules:
  • They must be under $10
  • They must be funky/cool/quirky OR the sort of thing you just stand there staring, thinking "WHOA. Someone thought that was a good idea."

I have found eBay to be a good place to find these (surprise, surprise) seeing as how they have limitless quantities of bizarre items and no lack of S&P shakers. Unfortunately, MIL did not give me any limit as to how much I should spend total, or how many I should purchase. She said "don't just send me pictures, start bidding!" and that's all could get out of her.

By the end of the day yesterday I had purchased 14 sets for her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home