Tuesday, August 23, 2005

Coming soon to shower near you!

Today having a spare moment for the first time in about a week I decided to pop over to my blog. I was stuck with giddy excitement as I saw that I had a comment! Upon opening the comment I found a 3 paragraph speal about why I should buy stock in lumber. I read through at least half of it thinking surely this was a joke, albeit a very unfunny one. My husband tells me he has heard of blog spamming, but until now thought it was a myth. Sadly, such is not the case.
It occurs to me now that cell phone companies are selling phone numbers to advertisers, who will accost hapless cellphone users with their adverts, aol instant messenger has commercials flashing and playing atop user's buddy lists, pop ups are a way of life and everyone I know has 27 email addresses to combat the spam, perhaps someday soon I'll climb into my morning shower to find someone has figured out how to send spam through water.

No where is safe.

2 Comments:

Blogger BLOGBANK said...

Haven’t heard about the new water proof cell phone yet eh?

11:03 PM  
Blogger Dana said...

Good post!

9:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home