Wednesday, August 24, 2005

I missed the mimeographed sheet.

When I was younger my sisters and I had these awesome tapes from a guy called Bill Harley (who is a riot). On one of these tapes Bill talked about what it was like to be in middle school and how he often felt like there must have been a mimeographed sheet passed out on the first day of school (which he missed) on how to be cool. Yesterday that was exactly how I felt when I tried to buy my first cell phone.
Yes, you heard me right. There is someone on the planet who still does not have a cell phone, a fact I would be fine with if I didn't have an old clunker of a car or if I did not have a small side business planning weddings. I decided for my safety and my sanity, I would get it over with.
I've been thinking about this for a while, I know essentially what I want and I want it from Verizon, because my husband has Verizon and everyone I know has only been happy with them. So yesterday acting on my husband's suggestion I decided to drop by a local store on my way home to talk to the employee about phones and plans and possibly get myself up on the times.

Boy was I wrong.

I could have sworn instead of walking into a Verizon Wireless store in Columbus, OH I had instead stepped into Grand Central Station. It was packed. It was huge. There were 9 people in line at a big rounded counter, there were people milling about, there were 7 more people in line at a customer service counter in an alcove in the rear. They had a greeter.

I am so not ready for this.

3 Comments:

Blogger Dana said...

I know what you mean. I make my husband go out and buy the technology. LOL He just got us new cell phones and I am still trying to figure out how to use the features. LOL

9:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dell Axim X51 and X51v get Bluetooth approval
Now mind you it ain't FCC approval and it sure as heck ain't your momma's approval, but the new Dell series of handhelds to follow up on the X50/X50v series just scored Bluetooth approval from the Bluetooth ...
Neato like your blog. Added it to my bookmarks to check for updates.

I have a museums site/blog.
It pretty much covers museums related stuff.

Come and check it out if you get time.

10:06 PM  
Blogger mistyblue3 said...

That is Verizon's dn fall~ the stores are CRAZY and take forever.. trying going in there w/ 3 kids- so NOT great :) And if you change your blog to no anonymous commenters, you won't get any nasty spam!

misty

10:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home