Wednesday, August 03, 2005

WHAT??? Did you say Vanilla???

I have last name which is unusual in this area of the world. It is not even remotely computer friendly, or American friendly. By this I mean, my last name has no vowels (unless you count Y, that power of a vowel.) and a period. My point is that I am used to people making a hellacious train wreck of trying to pronounce my name. My last name.

My first name is a very easy name, short, sweet & to the point. My name is not common, but not uncommon, everyone knows how to spell and pronounce it. Except the people who call me at my job.

I don't know why, but people on the phone seem to be incapable of listening. Every person in my department has been called the most asinine names because of this, including one of my coworkers who was once called Vanilla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home