Thursday, September 01, 2005

fight the virus!

My father-in-law is getting married. This is exciting for a few reasons, namely he's really happy, I'm his wedding planner, we really like her, I'm his wedding planner, and, um, I'm his wedding planner. My husband and I had dinner with his dad and fiancee to talk about their plans for this wedding and what they had in mind. My in-laws separated the day I met them back when the hubby and I had been dating for only a couple months and divorced a year or two later. I always expected one or both of them to remarry, however at this dinner I heard something I never expected to hear from my father-in-law's new spouse:

"Just please don't get pregnant before me."


...if she only knew that the hubby and I refer to having children as "the virus" people are trying to infect us with.

2 Comments:

Blogger gail said...

So who will the wedding planner be? :)

9:20 PM  
Blogger fuzzle said...

Yes, the virus is starting to take over down in NC too - I think everyone in this company is pregnant... sigh. Needless to say, I'm avoiding the water.

Although immaculate conception would be pretty cool.

9:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home