Thursday, October 06, 2005

Life is Pain, anyone who says otherwise is selling something

After living in the same apartment for 2 years, with the knowledge that as my hubby is only halfway through law school we will be living there for at least another two years I lost the ability to live in a white & beige apartment.

So broke down. I bought paint.

At first I thought this was a terrific idea, I was so excited to claim my space with bright colors to reflect who we are: yellow & blue for our european countryside kitchen, soft jade in the bedroom and white, tan, turquoise and red in the living room to echo our treasured honeymoon photos from Greece....

That was Saturday. Today is Thursday. I am covered in paint flecks, tired, sore and the apt is still not finished.

3 Comments:

Blogger fuzzle said...

I have come to the same conclusion. I can no longer stand my white walls glaring back at me everyday. However, I also remember just how much pain and torture is involved in painting.

Sigh.

But I love the colors you picked. Very Dunyasha. :-)

9:09 AM  
Blogger Kathryn Beach said...

Sounds beautiful, but what will the landlord say? That's always my question when I contemplate painting.

6:05 AM  
Blogger Dunyasha said...

Our complex allows us to paint, as long as we paint it back to white before we leave :)

7:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home