Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Things I Don't Understand Part II

In my job I speak with people on the phone all day long and they provide me with such personal information as addresses and names among other things. Being somewhat of a grammar-snob I am highly offended by the words and names people spell out for me on a daily basis. I should point out these people are not customers, but associates who work for my company and they assume I need them to spell these things out - knowing I have a college degree.

So here is a list of a few words which have been spelled for me (while I am inwardly screaming at the assumption of my lack of intelligence.)
white
brown
black
Roosevelt
Clinton
Lincoln
Jessica
Christina
Jordan
Williams
brook
road
circle

The list goes on much longer than this and I only kept it for 3 days.

What I truly don't understand though, is that consistently these people will spell out the simplest words and assume I know how to spell the more difficult words such as Voorhees or Algonquin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home