Thursday, February 02, 2006

Which is worse: The Silent Treatment or Indifference?

I recently had a fight with my brother-in-law. Well, not so much a fight per say as he said a couple things which irritated me so much that I barraged my husband with my version of why his brother's comments were distasteful to me. That should have been the end of this. However, I tend to be somewhat private and reserved in certain situations (something no one expects of me) and my brother in law tends to talk things out.

Usually in my afternoon commute home I like to phone my husband or his brother and chat while I sit in traffic. The Monday following the incident I just didn't feel like chatting. Tuesday I didn't feel much like talking either. This pattern continued until this past Monday, when I might have called him, but I had left my cell phone at home.

Apparently, my need for some distance may have caused a stir. I received an email from my brother in law yesterday profusely apologizing for hurting me and essentially accepting that I would never trust him again - a ridiculous notion.

whew. This is a lot more than I bargained for.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home