Monday, March 06, 2006

I retract that!!

A while back I posted about Good Night, and Good Luck. A movie I thoroughly enjoyed, but one I went to see fresh off hearing a comment a friend of my sister's had made about it. She was duly ethused about the movie and said it was the best use of smoke she had ever seen. At the time I scoffed at this.

I now find myself regretting that post. The more distance get from that movie, the more I love it. It is visually entralling like a classic picture directed by a master, not some actor who thought hey maybe I should direct somethin'. I don't think it was as thought provoking as say, Kinsey but it was still one of the best movies I've seen in a long, long time and I think I gave a bright and invested person's opinion short-shrift for no reason.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home