Thursday, April 13, 2006

Guilt Laden Doodies.

I'm Catholic. I say this because I must also be a glutton for punishment since, (I realize the dork quotient this will place on my head) I'm. in. the. choir. Now, from week to week this is punishment enough - obviously I must be trying to atone for something by giving up my sparse free time so I can go sing with a bunch of people who are older than my parents and lost their ability to find a pitch years ago - but this week is special, it's the Ctholic version of what thespians refer to as hell week.

In theatre hell week is a fond term of endearment, loving-hate if you will which is used to describe the week before a show opens. Everyone involved spends at the least 28 hours at the theatre that week, and that 28 hours assumes you're not in professional theatre where you don't have an additional job or schoolwork to complete in addition to that time. It's exhausting, so much so that you end up completely burned and slap happy, but at the same time its thrillingly fun.

Today is Holy Thursday. What this means is that I will be spending at least an hour and a half at church tonight & tomorrow, Saturday I will be there from 7pm-1am and I will most likely be guilted into singing on Sunday morning for an hour as well. Could I simply not go? absolutely. but I'd never forgive myself.

....kinda reminds me of the episode of Family Guy where Peter was looking for a book to explaing potty training to Stewie "Oh you're Catholic? Then you want God hates you and that's pure evil coming out of you!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home